Peppermint essential oil is known to have many interesting qualities that separate it from the rest of the lot of essential oils. It is highly medicinal in nature and very potent. The scent of this oil alone can be of great help for many problems.
This oil is known for relieving different body pains. It is used as a cure for headache. The oil acts as a relaxant and is used in the treatment for irritable bowel syndrome. Respiratory ailments are cured by this oil. Rubbing this oil on the chest will help in fighting cough, asthma and nasal congestion. Peppermint oil is one of the ingredients present in different mouthwashes and toothpastes. It is known to relieve heartburn and stomachache.
- It gives a cooling effect to the scalp.
- This oil fights dandruff and head lice.
- Applying peppermint oil will make your hair smell good. It has a fresh and cool fragrance which will make you feel nice.
- Through the use of peppermint oil hair growth is very effective and many people opt for it. It stimulates the hair follicle which helps in hair growth.
- Peppermint oil for hair loss treatment is very effective as it binds the hair roots and increases blood circulation.
- Peppermint oil can be mixed with coconut oil and glycerin. This mixture is known to promote hair growth.
- Another mixture which is beneficial for hair can be prepared by mixing peppermint oil, castor oil, tea tree oil, coconut oil and vitamin E oil.
- It is mainly beneficial for people having oily hair as this oil does not leave the scalp oily. This oil works as an astringent which helps in the normalization of the scalp’s oil production and has a neutralizing effect on the scalp.
- Since peppermint oil balances the pH, it can be used for the treatment of dry scalp.
- Peppermint oil is known to add shine and gloss to the hair.
- This oil works as a conditioner.
Not only does peppermint oil promote hair growth, it is used for other purposes too. It helps in making your skin healthy and glowing. This is done by the menthol present in the oil. It helps in controlling excess oil production and thus can be used as a remedy for oily skin. It brightens the dull skin and is known to cool the tired skin. Peppermint oil is one of the ingredients used in lip balms and other cosmetics. It makes the lips smooth and supple along with providing nourishment. It is used as a remedy for sunburned and cracked lips.
Go though our reference links now -