Peppermint essential oil is a great natural oil that has an extremely strong smell and highly antiseptic nature. The oil cures a lot of skin related problems, which is quite surprising to quite a few people. It has made a good place for itself as far as essential oils are concerned.
Peppermint oil capsules can be bought in brick-and-mortar and online health stores. They are distributed as health supplements, not OTC drugs, and are thus do not need a go-ahead from the Food and Drug Administration prior to selling. Remember to buy enteric-coated capsules as taking it in aqueous form usually triggers acid reflux episodes. Industrial and food-grade essential oil of peppermint can also be bought online and offline. When shopping for peppermint oil products, determine if the ones you intend to get are made according to ISO and GMP quality standards.
Peppermint oil uses include naturally boosting the immune system to increase the body’s ability to fight off disease and infection.
Peppermint oil is an effective remedy for digestive disorders. A few drops can be diluted in a glass of water and drunk after a meal to help prevent the build-up of gas in the digestive tract. It has antispasmodic properties which can ease the symptoms of conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome.
- The oil is helpful for stimulating the appetite.
- It can reduce the symptoms of travel sickness and stomach upsets.
- It is also beneficial for those suffering from heartburn.
- The oil can help to fight bad breath and toothache and is often found in mouthwashes and toothpaste.
- The menthol which is present in the oil can help to clear the airways and ease a number of disorders of the respiratory system. It is a natural expectorant and can help the body to expel mucus, which makes it a good herbal remedy for coughs, colds, and other bronchial conditions. The oil can also be found in chest rub preparations.
- Peppermint oil uses also include its effectiveness as a headache remedy. The diluted oil can be massaged into the forehead and temples to relieve the symptoms.
Go through our reference links now -