Peppermint essential oil is an amzing natural oil whose qualities have distinguished it as an oil altogethre. It is highly cooling and calming in nature and has a lot of therapeutic qualities because of which it is highly sought after all over the world.
This isn’t a guide for how to make peppermint oil but an informational piece to let you know that it is possible. All you need to do is grow plenty of peppermint, choose a carrier oil; such as wheat germ or grape seed, a jar with a lid and a mallet. You may want to do further research on how to make peppermint oil and look at the pros and cons before deciding that this would be beneficial for you. There can be some cost savings involve but you also need to look at the time it takes to make it on your own.
The versatile properties of peppermint oil make it beneficial to both dry and oily hair and scalp. It can maintain the balance of PH levels of the scalp. Its moisturizing and stimulating properties can make restore life to a dry hair while its tightening and cooling effects can make oily hair less greasy overtime. It can also remove dandruff and other problems alike. In essence, it can improve the overall quality of hair and scalp.
- Indigestion: Often people put a few drops of peppermint oil in a glass of water and drink it after their meal due to its digestive properties. It also helps during motion sickness and upset stomach (Perfect for people who travel a lot, with all modes of transport)
- Dental Care: Due to its antiseptic properties, it’s useful for dental care. It removes bad breath and helps teeth and gums deal with germs (The reason why most toothpastes are minty)
- Respiratory Problems: Menthol, which is present in abundance in peppermint oil, helps in clearing the respiratory tract.
- Nausea and Headache: It is a good home remedy for nausea and headache. Applying peppermint oil in diluted form on the forehead is known to remove headache (My favorite way to use it!)
- Stress: Like most other essential oils, peppermint is able to provide relief from stress, depression and mental exhaustion due to its refreshing nature
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: The muscle relaxing property of peppermint oil has been found to ease irritable bowel syndrome.
- Pain Relief
- Immune System: Increases your immunity to diseases and therefore helps you in preventing a number of diseases.
- Hair Care: Very useful for hair care as it gives a cooling effect to the head, and removes dandruff and lice. (Place a couple of drops in either your shampoo or conditioner)
Go through our reference links now -